The natural deodorant that all sensitive skin has been waiting for
by Verónica Díez Lantarón on Mar 29, 2023
deodorants They have become the undisputed protagonists of our day to day. Finding the perfect deodorant can be a desperate long-distance race, but when you finally find it; security and confidence take over you. Summer is just around the corner and the arrival of high temperatures accelerates his desperate search.
If deodorants have made one thing clear to us over the years, it is that they are one of the favorite options for making the leap to more natural and healthy cosmetics. The formats are increasingly unique, challenging the conventional highly polluting ones to which we are so accustomed.
Although this search can be complex, we have more and more information in our possession to be able to choose the healthiest alternatives. As basic we must take into account factors such as; Non-staining, non-irritating, aluminum-free, paraben-free, fragrance-chemical, alcohol-free, and unnecessary packaging.
But not all skins admit the same deodorant. Sensitive or atopic skin is the one that suffers the most when daring to innovate and try options... If finding the perfect deodorant continues to be one of your pending subjects, read this post carefully to find all the keys you need to know.
Why does intolerance to deodorants occur?
We can affirm that intolerance to deodorants occurs when, after applying them, we experience intense itching, redness and flaking in the armpit area. The symptoms always depend on the level of sensitivity of the skin itself. We must bear in mind that these are not always immediate, they can appear suddenly or gradually after days, weeks or even months after exposure to irritating agents.
These symptoms are not always due to the use of a highly astringent deodorant. There are other conditions such as aggressive hair removal, the use of soap with strong surfactants or an infection... What is clear is that sensitive skin is prone to this type of irritation. This may be because our skin is more sensitive in contact with certain chemical products such as; perfumes, essential oils, bicarbonate, preservatives (or parabens), aluminum or alcohol. Seeing itself translated into pictures of contact dermatitis.
To avoid this type of condition if your skin is very sensitive, you should be guided by the INCIS of the products and know very well the active ingredients that you should avoid: petroleum derivatives, phthalates, ethoxylates, formaldehyde releasers, organic halogenated compounds, disodium, tetrasodium edta, etidronate, amines, nitrites, parfum, phenol and phenyl, parabens, methylchloroisothiazolinone, methylisothiazolinone and triclosan.
Taking into account the previous list, these are 4 of the main allergens that you should avoid in a deodorant especially indicated for sensitive skin:
- Avoid all those deodorants with a high degree of astringency and ethyl alcohol in its formulation, since they overdry the armpit, dehydrating and irritating the area. Some of the most common symptoms are redness and itching. You should avoid applying deodorants with alcohol after waxing.
- The aluminum It is another of the active ingredients that you should avoid at all times. These assets create a cover that clogs the pores, preventing perspiration from the sweat glands. In addition, there are numerous refuted studies that establish the relationship between aluminum deodorants and breast cancer.
- Sodium bicarbonate. Despite being a very healthy and effective natural astringent, sensitive skin should avoid it. Its alkaline composition dries the skin and can eliminate the skin's protective barrier and alter the pH.
- essential oils they provide mainly aromatic properties to deodorants. These, despite being natural, can be considered potential allergens in contact with the most sensitive skin, causing rashes. So it is important to use unscented deodorants.
The assets that a deodorant for sensitive skin should not carry
Types of deodorants and how to identify your skin type
There are two types of "remedies" against bad odor: deodorants and antiperspirants. Deodorants prevent and camouflage odor, while antiperspirants prevent sweat. As a brand that defends the naturalness of our body, we recommend that you always choose deodorants. Sweating is healthy!
You may not yet be 100% familiar with your underarm skin type and need a little help identifying it. Check it out here!
- Normal Skin: Moderate shine, luminous, rosy, usually smooth and firm to the touch, usually without pimples.
- Dry skin: feeling of tightness after being in contact with water, dull.
- Oily skin: increased sebum production, larger pores and acne formation.
- Combination skin: areas with greater oiliness and others that are drier.
- Sensitive skin: acne, rosacea, burning or allergic reactions.
Are there effective natural deodorants for sensitive skin?
Yes, surely after reading the main list of assets that you should do without, you will wonder; And now what deodorant can I use? The truth is that there are ranges of deodorants especially aimed at sensitive skin without sacrificing effectiveness. Its main objective is to make your armpits feel soft, dry and fresh for hours taking care of your skin.
This type of hypoallergenic deodorant removes active ingredients such as; alcohol, bicarbonate and essential oils mentioned above. There are more and more innovative formulas that replace the most conventional assets, promising much better results. Silver nanoparticles are a revolutionary asset that is presented as the most effective solution to eliminate odor-causing bacteria without irritating the skin.
SilverTouch It is one of the most innovative and beneficial natural deodorants that you can include in your routine if you have atopic skin. It has recently been awarded at the Oganic Awards as the best deodorant for sensitive skin 2022. And we have good news: it is available in two formats solid and cream
New in silvertouch in cream!
His intelligent formula with ecological silver nanoparticles it melts into the skin very quickly, offering long-lasting and effective protection for more than 24 hours. Its silver ions keep the armpits protected from bacteria that cause bad odor and irritation. A safe formula with 0% aluminum, ethyl alcohol, essential oils and bicarbonate.
You just have to choose the format that best suits your needs:
- Cream deodorant: It has a light texture that is quickly absorbed and easy to apply, perfect for moisturizing the skin while providing great protection.
- Solid deodorant: It does without all kinds of packaging and its application is very simple and effective, being very similar to roll-on deodorants.
Now that you are an expert in analyzing INCIS, surely there will be no formulation that can resist.